Maximize musical ideas on-stage or in the studio with the new Akai MPK49 performance controller. The Akai MPK49 ushers in a new era for USB/MIDI controllers by combining a high-quality, 49-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and 12 genuine MPC drum pads. 48 total pads are accessible via 4 pad banks. The pads feature the heart and soul of hip hop: the MPC Note Repeat function and Swing parameters. The Akai MPK49 Performance Controller also has its own arpeggiator, for creating quick, creative riffs in seconds.
The Akai MPK49 features MPC ‘Full Level’ and ’12 Levels’ functions on its pads, and MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds. The Akai MPK49 delivers an amazing 76 assignable controls, with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel. More than just a USB/MIDI controller, the MPK49 captures the soul of your performance.
Avid® Pro Tools® Express Included
Compose, record, edit, and mix using the tools the professionals use. Pro Tools Express starts with 16 simultaneous stereo or mono audio tracks. Add in the popular Boom, Xpand!2, and Structure Free player virtual instruments from AIR Music Technology—all included. Finish off with dozens of high-powered effect plug-ins, including the in-demand AIR effects. Plus, Pro Tools Express offers session file compatibility with the entire Pro Tools family, so you can take your tracks to the finest studios around the world.
Pro Tools Express includes an iLok 2 USB key—a $49.99 retail value.
Ignite music creation software from AIR works seamlessly with MPK49, giving you the fastest way to capture ideas and make music. It’s a refreshingly different approach, a simple and seamless creative partner that empowers your ideas and brings them to life. Say goodbye to the rigid and complicated methods of the past. Say hello to a fresh new way to create.
Ignite includes over 275 instruments, many of which are taken from our renowned instrument collections – including Strike, Structure, and Velvet. All sounds have been optimized to load quickly, and the editing controls are automatically mapped to your connected MPK49. These extraordinary sounds include keyboards, drums, percussion, basses, guitars, synths, strings, brass, and woodwinds.
- 49-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and full-sized keys
- 8 full-sized, 360 degree rotation pots, each with 3 banks for 24 pots total
- Avid® Pro Tools® Express audio production software included
- 12 genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 8 full-sized sliders with 3 controller banks for each for 24 sliders total
- MPC note repeat and all-new arpeggiator
- 8 assignable backlit switches with 3 controller banks each for 24 switches total
- MMC/MIDI Start Stop transport buttons
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
- Number of Keys: 49 + 12 x 4 banks of drum pads
- Type of action: Semi-weighted Aftertouch (Channel)
- Computer Interface: USB/MIDI
- Displays: Custom LCD
- Number of Independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable Continuous Footpedals: 1
- Programmable Footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System Real-Time Controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 28″ x 11.75″ x 2.5″
- Weight: 12.875