The Cascade FAT HEAD offers the natural and open sound associated with the finest ribbon microphones. You will find that when recording acoustic guitars, guitar cabinets, vocals, drum over-heads, and countless other types of instruments, the ribbon microphone will produce the warmth that is vital to today’s digital recording environment. We firmly believe you will also agree that this microphone will make a great addition to your collection.
We inspect the audio and built quality of each and every Cascade microphone before it leaves our shop, once you try one…you’ll be a believer.
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4″ (L) X 3/16″ (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: See PDF below
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3″ (O.D. grill), overall length 7 3/4″, 1 3/4″ (O.D. body)
Ribbon Mic, Leatherette Pouch, Mic clip, Polypropylene case