Flux Alchemist AAX, VST, AU
Alchemist – Reinventing Multiband Dynamics
[ AU 32 & 64 bit | VST 32 & 64 bit | AAX Native 32 & 64 bit* | Merging VS3 32 & 64 bit** ]
Be it a serious problem with the dynamics in a mix, a delicate mastering assignment, or a situation with complicated dynamics, Alchemist provides everything you need in order to accomplish. Designed with professional mastering and re-mastering applications in mind, the intricate design, superior workflow, and sound perfection, makes Alchemist tailored for the high demands of today’s music and pro-audio industry,
Alchemist operates as a single broadband processor or as a full-scale multiband processor offering up to five individual bands. Each band presents a complete dynamic processing section including; compressor, expander, de-compressor and de-expander, all working in parallel employing independent Angel’s share and Hysteresis parameters for each section.
Angel’s share and Hysteresis are key features of all Flux:: dynamic processors, using the dynamic range content of the signal and not just the signal levels as standard processors do. Angel’s share controls the amount of auto-ratio determined by the signal dynamics and by the manual ratio setting. Hysteresis controls the amount of auto-threshold determined by the signal dynamics and by the manual threshold value.
As all Flux:: processors Alchemist provide up to eight channels of simultaneous processing for multichannel/surround operations
User Interface And Workflow
The user interface in Alchemist is designed for simplicity, and in addition to the five band sections, Alchemist presents a vast range of functions to simplify the workflow and to facilitate the achievement of exceptional results. Some of the key functions are:
- Generous -/+ 48 dB input/output gain range
- Phase invert of the processed signal
- Dry/wet control offering true parallel dynamics processing
- Discrete peak-limiter rounding peaks off in a smooth and musically fashion
- True bypass control routing the incoming signal direct to the output for a smooth transition between clean and processed signal
- Morphing slider for seamless transition between two explicit full parameter-sets
To learn more about the features in Alchemist, hover your mouse over the thumbnail images above.
*Alchemist v3 AAX Native supports 32 bit in Pro Tools 10.3.5 and 64 bit in Pro Tools 11.
**VS3 32/64 bit versions for Pyramix 9 & Ovation Native/MassCore available only through Merging Technologies
For the full feature set, hover your mouse over the small images to the right above.
Alchemist’s five bands are divided using carefully fine tuned IIR (Infinite Impulse Response) crossovers with selectable slopes (from 18 dB per octave to 54 dB per octave), and variable corner frequencies, each of them providing:
- Flux:: core dynamics processors all operating in parallel:
- The BitterSweet Transient Designer
- MS (mid/side) Control.
- Auto Delay (Introduces a delay line in the processed signal allowing zero attack time).
- Selectable level detection mode and dynamics detection profile
- Dynamics processing envelope control (Attack, Hold, Release with optional Auto mode).
- Input / Output gain control.
Signal Processing Features
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing.
- Phase invert of the processed signal.
- Dry Mix control (Dry/Wet with gain compensation) allowing for parallel processing or for blending some of the original “peak” into the processed signal.
- Clipper, a discrete peak limiter at the very last stage of the processing chain rounding off the peaks smooth and musically.
- Bypass routes the incoming signal direct to the output for a true smooth transition between processed and clean signal.
Preset and Parameter Handling
To enhance the workflow the two Preset/Parameter slots, A and B, can be loaded with two full set of parameters at the same time. Apart from saving each preset, a “Global Preset” containing both the A and B settings, and the position of the “Morphing Slider”, can be saved.
Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
The Morphing Slider provides morphing between the parameter settings of slot A/B allowing for really creative and useful real-time tweaking. Enabling the Automation control button exposes the Morphing Slider to the host automation.