Pure Analyzer Multichannel – The Next Generation Multichannel Analyzer
The Flux:: Pure Analyzer System is a network-driven modular RTA-system providing an extensive range of analyzer options for any imaginable audio analysis and measurement applications.
For maximum flexibility and efficiency, Pure Analyzer presents the option to separate the signal acquisition from the analysis utilizing a Sample grabber plug-in, and in addition to the Sample grabber plug-in, Pure Analyzer also provide I/O support for ASIO and Core Audio.
Sample grabber is a standard DAW plug-in available in all common formats (VST, AU, RTAS and TDM) that acquires the source and response signals and sends the signal through the network using the ZeroConf/Apple Bonjour protocol.
You can insert as many instances of Sample grabber plug-ins as required, on the same DAW, different DAWs, and even different computers altogether, and the Sample grabber also support surround configurations. The network configuration setup for the Pure Analyzer System is entirely automatic and transparent to the user.
The audio transport requires approximately 1.4Mbps for each channel at a sample rate of 44.1kHz, so a properly configured standard Ethernet 100Mbps network should be more than sufficient to handle most cases. A 5.1 configuration at 96kHz demands a little less than 20Mbps. Naturally these requirements do not apply when using both Sample grabber and analyzer on the same hardware.
Pure Analyzer Essential
The foundation of the Pure Analyzer System is a standalone application, Pure Analyzer Essential, which can be extended with modules for Live, Metering/Loudness and Surround analysis, performing the graphic analysis rendering using a GPU-efficient 2D/3D graphic engine. The engine is based on the OpenGL standard optimizing the audio-to-visual experience utilizing the GPU on the built in graphics card.
The Pure Analyzer Essential application receives the sample feeds from the Sample grabber and analyzes them in real time. The Pure Analyzer provides the option to receive data from several different Sample grabber plug-ins on the network, and analyze the received data in parallel by selecting the actual corresponding Sample grabber to be the current source for the analysis with a simple button click. In addition to this, the input streams from the physical ASIO/Core Audio I/O can also be selected as the current source for the analysis in the same simplistic fashion.
As a complement to the Pure Analyzer Essential, three different add-on modules, all providing specific tools for their actual field of usage, are currently available. In order to use any of the add-on modules, the Pure Analyzer Essential is required.
Available add-on modules are:
- Pure Analyzer Metering
- Pure Analyzer Live
- Pure Analyzer Multichannel
Basic Requirement (Mandatory!)
The Pure Analyzer Essential is required in order to run any of the add-on modules; Pure Analyzer Metering, Pure Analyzer Live or Pure Analyzer Multichannel.
- Peak meter
- Basic RMS meter
- Fully customizable scale and ballistics
- Phase meter
- ITU-R BS.1770-2 (K-weighting)
- ANSI A
- ANSI B
- ANSI C
Real-time spectrum analyzer
- Standard FFT or unique Flux:: Spectrum representation
- Block size up to 64 K
- Configurable analysis window
- Real Time waterfall (see “slide” option in spectrum setup)
- Amplitude or power frequency scaling
- Continuously running
- Fill/freeze refresh/display cycle
- User-adjustable length up to 200 frames
- Max (accumulated) or running mode
- Display channels’ sum or a number of channels, user-selected
- User-adjustable fixed range or automatic range
- Simultaneous display of:
- Raw, full-resolution curve
- Smoothed curve with user-adjustable detail setting
- Peak curve
- Independently adjustable curve ballistics
- Peak tracking with user definable frequency range and several display variations
- Keyboard and mouse frequency-axis zoom
- Fully-customizable curve visual options
- Color modes
- Power grading
- Frequency grading
- Range Min
- Range Max
- Internal processing up to 768 kHz
- Fully adjustable display
- Several color modes
- Static color
- Power grading
- Dynamic grading
- Power + Dynamic grading
Nebula stereo (Front projection only)
Unique spectrum over space scope, providing real-time visualization of the the audio content in the stereo space-frequency domain.
- Auto-scaling with user adjustable ballistics
- Focus Control
- Linear or logarithmic blending
- Fully adjustable display
- Fading / persistence
- Choice of color modes
- Power grading: color varies according to signal power
- Dynamic grading : color varies according to signal dynamics
- Power/dynamic grading : combines both previous modes
- Frequency grading : color varies according to frequency
- Channel-selection with surround input content
- Zero-crossing trigger