Like its successful predecessor, the GoldMike Mark2 AD retains a hybrid solid state and tube construction to combine the best of both worlds.
The Analog/Digital Converter Module 1090 offers an S/P-DIF output with both coaxial and optical connectors in parallel. The heart of the module is a 24-bit converter with a variable sample rate of up to 192 kHz. Highly accurate quartz oscillators ensure a clean, low-jitter master clock.
The internal sample rate can be switched between 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz. Other sample rates (32, 176,4 and 192 kHz are set by external syncronization. The converter can be synced to other digital devices via a S/P-DIF input. The internal oscillators are automatically disabled when an external clock signal is present to prevent interference.
An extremely effective voltage stabilizing circuit ensures that the converter continuously receives sufficient and stable voltage – an important prerequisite for clean, transparent audio.
The compact design of the input stage guarantees the shortest possible signal path to the converter. Overdimensioned grounding surfaces on both sides of the circuit board effectively reduce interference and ensure optimal separation between analog and digital components.
The transistor stage is composed of single transistors in a class A design. The circuitry is fully discrete, and each transistor is completely optimized for its specific task. You will not find any IC’s in this preamplifier stage because they cannot be optimized for this specific application to the degree we aimed for.
This all new discrete class A transistor stage is a genuine innovation in the entire preamplifier market at this price level.
- Frequency response ‹10Hz bis 90kHz (-3dB)
- THD+N (Input level -30dBu, 30dB Gain) 0,016%
- Noise (A-w., R=40Ohm, 30dB Gain) -91,2dBu
- Dynamic range (30dB Gain) 110dB
- E.I.N. 128dBu
- Max. output level (sym., XLR+Jack) +26,8dBu
- Slew rate solid state stage 200V/µs
The GoldMike MK2’s new features provide an amazing tonal flexibility and versatility, making it a perfect dual-channel frontend for any modern production environment.
- Discrete Class A solid stage
- Tube drive in three different intensity levels
- Flair presence enhancement in two switchable settings
- Switching inserts
- Pre-output limiter stage (extremely fast diode-based operation, perfect for A/D converter protection)
- VU metering with three different, switchable display ranges
- Front panel instrument input, separate rear-side microphone and line inputs
- Phantom power, phase reverse, pad and high-pass filter (50Hz)
- I by Lundahl are optional