“So far, I’ve used three different summing systems with DAWs and I’ve noticed the biggest sonic improvement yet while using the MixDream.” Mix Magazine (US).
The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog outboard mixer in a 19“/2U format. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with active analog stereo summing and insert functionality.
- High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space
- Sophisticated, active Class A/60V stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays
- Reduction of A/D conversions (14 A/D conversions can be spared with all inserts connected). All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion.
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency
- Lower DAW processor utilization rates
- The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring
- Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units)
- Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control
- Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness
- Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl
- Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
- Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply