The input and output transformershappen to be made by working collectively with Sowter transformers to provide outcomes which are optimised for this unit. This style operate provides the Earlybird 2.2 with the lowest phase shift and highest headroom feasible from a mic pre- amplifier.
This versionin the Earlybird pre-amp design also incorporates additional functions such as 3 bands of active lift EQ with switchable mid range frequencies and higher pass filters, and a function switch to help interface the unit in distinct usage scenarios.
Thevital mic-preamp settings like get, impedance, 48v power and phase are all catered for from the front panel controls.
The active EQuses the exclusive ‘varislope’ EQ curves for the ‘bass’ and ‘top’ lifting controls. The ‘mid’ lift control supplies a broad, musical curve that may be centred at 800Hz or 2.8KHz by the frequency select switch. This curve interacts well using the leading and bass controls to supply a wide degree of tone shaping possibilities.Because the active EQ operates in the feedback part in the circuit, switching the active EQ in does not, as a result introduce any further acquire stages into the signal path. This implies that the EQ may be used with out worry of introducing unwanted artefacts from additional gain stages.This probably tends to make recording just a little easier whenever a subtle amount of EQ might be added without having worry of signal degradation.
Thehigher pass filters are arranged so that the initial two switch positions offer 12dB/octave filters to cut out unwanted low frequencies at 40Hz or 100Hz. The final position supplies a filter with more of a shelving nature that will combine using the bass lift manage to give a simultaneous mid cut and bass lift if desired.
The Function switchenables the unit to take it is input from either the ‘mic in’ XLR sockets, the ‘Line in’ sockets or the’Pullet’ sockets. So the unit might be connected for different makes use of whilst remaining in an equipment rack. The variable impedance and pad settings on the switch permit the input circuitry of the Earlybird 2.2 to be optimised for use using a large assortment of mics and signal levels. They’re able to also be used for creative tonal alternatives if that’s the case preferred.
Welocate that the range of functions attainable with the Earlybird 2.2 make it very versatile and coupled together with the outstanding sonic results it is a wonderful addition to any variety of studio which is used to record or mix sound.
The Pullet,will be the perfect companion for the Earlybird two.2 to complete a superb mastering equaliser.
- 2 Channels of extremely high quality push pull’ ‘class A’ type of valve pre amplification.
- 3 bands of active lift EQ with 2 mid range frequencies and switchable high pass filters.
- Clean gain, giving extremely low noise and distortion figures.
- Essential mic-preamp settings such as gain, impedance, 48v power and phase are all catered for by the front panel controls.
- Can be optimised for use with a large variety of mics, signal levels and different uses whilst remaining in an equipment rack.
- Function switch will allow the unit to take it’s input from, mic. in, line, or the Pullet sockets.
- Massive clean output, but can be trimmed by output level controls, some colouration can be obtained if desired.