The Earlybird four contains 4 channels of extremely good quality valve pre-amplification. Originally produced in black in 1999, this is a specific “revival” restricted edition in red (limited to 49 only). The black edition is still available together with the updated circuitry.. As the individual channel circuitry in this version on the Earlybird has been simplified so as to offer 4 channels in a single 19” unit, so the person channel specifications have risen. As a result generating this the most normal sounding, top quality version on the Earlybird preamp to date. Effectively giving the user the cleanest attainable valve obtain using a range from 3dB to 62dB along with a switchable input impedance to help in matching the unit with various microphones. This can be one of Thermionic Culture’s all handwired items with point to point wiring all through.
The circuitstyle utilises a ‘push pull’ ‘class A’ kind of valve amplification in order to supply in the end clean obtain, giving the lowest noise and distortion figures possible in a microphone amplifier.
The input and output transformers have receivedspecific focus and by operating with each other with Sowter transformers, patterns have already been produced that bring much better results than ever prior to. The lowest phase shift and highest headroom are each advantages brought by these designs. It is uncommon to hear a mic amp with all the Earlybird 4’s qualities and following years of improvements Vic Keary proudly declares this “The very best, most actual mic. amp ever ”. We hope that on hearing the unit’s gorgeous results yourself, you will agree with Vic.
The pair of VU meters show the signal levels fortwo selectable channels. VU meter A is switchable in between channels 1 and 3. VU meter B is switchable amongst channels 2 or four. 4 red LEDs light up when the output of the amplifiers exceeds +10 dBm, even though don’t worry – there’s nonetheless 20dB of headroom left within the Earlybird!
- 4 Channels of extremely high quality push pull’ ‘class A’ type of valve pre amplification.
- Clean gain, giving the lowest noise and distortion figures possible in a mic. Amp.
- Hand wired with point to point wiring throughout.
- Lowest phase shift and highest headroom.
Controls on each channel for:-
- Switchable input impedance to help in matching the unit with different microphones.
- Switchable 48V phantom power .
- Switched gain 42 dB to 62 dB, 20dB pad.
- 2 position high pass filter.
- Variable output trim with phase inverter.
- Vu meters switchable between channels.
- Peak overload indicators.