The Fat Bustard employs ourdistinctive “varislope” curves for top rated and bass lift. Because the control is turned up, the peak frequency in the curve becomes a lot more extreme so as to add heavier bass/brilliant best – without the hardness present in solid state eqs. The bass and best cuts provide a selection of choices to tailor the sound – too many to list right here. They can be obviously independent from the lifts. All controls influence both stereo channels equally.
The ‘Attitude’handle will be the subsequent to control the sound of the mix.This switched control steadily increases the amount of harmonic distortion inside the stereo summing stage. It is fairly subtle (at the least within the reduce positions) to provide just the best level of 2nd harmonic content to get a stereo mix. At higher positions the mix might be rather aggressive.
The stereo spreadcontrol permits the stereo to become widened by a continuous quantity more than a selectable frequency range.
The ‘Spread filter’handle enables the frequency above which widening happens to be selected from total band widening to only widening above 5KHz. Again, this handle might be employed to vary the tone in the stereo mix at the same time as the stereo width. Together with stereo widening at greater frequencies.
The ‘Bass to Centre’handle permits bass frequencies inside the stereo mix to become summed to mono for two diverse low frequency ranges, plus there is a setting for all frequencies to mono.
A Stereo ‘balance’control and rotary 31 position ELMA switch for ‘Output level’ give total control over output levels.
The ‘Monitor level’control, int/ext switch and extra outputs provide a helpful way to connect and control monitors towards the Fat Bustard. Particularly beneficial when the Fat Bustard will be the only mixer becoming employed. If this is not a requirement then the int/ext switch in conjunction with all the monitor outputs can be used to provide an insert in/out switch.
- All valve 14 channel passive summing mixer with many extras !
- Pan controls on 4 channels.
- Unique Varislope Top and Bass lifts plus filters.
- ‘Attitude’ control to add harmonics.
- Stereo width controls / Bass to centre and mono.
- Precision ELMA switch to control main level (fadeable).
- Monitor outputs with level control and switching.
- Hand wired with point to point wiring throughout.
- Exceptional sound quality- very low distortion except when required and massive ‘headroom’.
- Frequency response extends from below audio range to well above.