Dual-channel tube preamp based on the legendary
UA 610 modular console.
Designed by Bill Putnam Sr., the UA 610 modular console is arguably the “Holy Grail” of vintage tube desks. Leaving its imprint on countless classic recordings from Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra, to iconic titles like Van Halen and the Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds, the 610’s tube-powered mic preamp and EQ gave anything run through it startling three-dimensional warmth, presence, and body.
The 2-610 Dual Channel Tube Preamplifier gives you two channels of this legendary piece of music history. Whether you’re running pure analog or enhancing a digital audio workstation, the 2-610 brings classic tube character to any recording project.
- Record with an all-tube, dual-channel preamp derived from the Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Add tube warmth and saturation with Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output level controls
- High and Low shelving EQ for ultra-musical tone shaping
- Track through vintage UA, “handmade in the USA,” circuits
Features & Specs.
- All-tube dual channel preamplifier derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- High and Low shelving EQ
- Mic, balanced line and Hi-Z inputs
- Custom wound double sized alloy transformers
- Front panel -15 dB Pad switch
- Improved EQ circuit and more “open” sonics
- Ultra quiet operation
- Updated “silverface” cosmetics; enhanced build quality
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-year limited warranty
(19″ Rackmount chassis, 2U)