The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique top quality, four-channel microphone/line preamplifier with special tube and solid-state tone mixturing abilities– perfect for a comprehensive range of microphone and also instrument sources. This extremely versatile multi-channel preamp gives selectable 1176-style compression circuitry on each stations, plus four extra line inputs feeding 8 networks of beautiful analog-to-digital sale. Building upon UA’s vintage analog layout strategy, combined with wise modern-day components, the 4-710d is the most versatile preamp in the UA schedule.
At the center of the 4-710d are 4 stations of tone-blending “Twin-Finity” mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specifically tuned “quickly” and “sluggish” settings. Each of the 4 mic preamp networks allows for continually variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100 % tube as well as A HUNDRED % solid-state signal pathway. Send as well as return jacks are offered for external handling or signal gain access to.
The 8 analog inputs are digitized through ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz. Digital outcome is available using twin ADAT “lightpipe” or AES/EBU DB-25 ports, assisting in combination with the majority of favored audio interfaces.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage