Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 DUO or QUAD DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Apollo 8 comes bundled with “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” suite of UAD plug-ins. From there, you can choose from a vast and expanding collection of plug-ins in the UA Online Store.
—Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
- Onboard UAD-2 QUAD or DUO Core DSP allowing Realtime UAD Processing
- 4 Unison™-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio*
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle
- World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality