The LA-610 MkII incorporates an all-tube, classical mic preamp style– listened to on traditional records ranging from The Seashore Boys’ Pet Sounds to Van Halen I– with genuine Teletronix T4 opto-compression circuitry. This classic stations strip style, with its cozy preamp tone and smooth, natural-sounding compression, is updated with modern-day, user-requested components like true compressor bypass, larger metering, enhanced output, as well as an auto-switching power quantity.
The LA-610 MkII even shows off a great deal reduced noise specifications versus vintage styles. Beautiful and extremely preferred “Black on Black” cosmetics complete the package deal. For the serious venture studio wanting to acquire the UA sonic experience, the LA-610 MkII delivers tone, quality and personality at an obtainable cost.
The LA-610 MkII is based on the fabled console components established by Bill Putnam in the 60’s. Taken note of for their musical character as well as warmth, innumerous classics by artists ranging from Sinatra to Van Halen have actually been videotaped using these preamps. After the preamp segment, the LA-610 MkII supplies the T4 optical converter. The simple operation and also program-dependent attributes of the LA-610 T4 converter offers the exact same incredibly musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for greater than 40 years. The electro-optical detector, or “T4 cell,” is the heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. Its one-of-a-kind blend of electro-luminescent panel and photo-resistors are the critical circuit parts, offering the compressor its signature noise.
In use, the LA-610 MkII stuffs remarkable sonic convenience and also is an excellent front-end for tracking with modern-day DAWs.
- All-tube mic preamp design derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 opto-compressor section
- MkII exclusive features include: true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and auto-switching power supply
- Mic pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and instrument DI for recording tone “color”
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Complete vintage channel strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- Backed by 1-Year limited warranty